What is ‘Brilliant’ by Champaign Jewelers?
The best jewelry subscription box EVER! Click on this link to find out everything there is to know about Brilliant, including how to subscribe!
Do you replace watch batteries?
Yes, and it’s free! We can replace the batteries on most watches in store as well as adjust the fit of the band while you wait. We do not charge for this service but ask for a CASH donation to our local charity of the month. Donations can be whatever amount is comfortable for you and usually range from $10-$20. Some watches require more extensive service when changing the battery, like a pressure test and seal for a dive watch or an overhaul for watches that are not running properly. We will let you know if that is required for your watch and can send it to our certified watch repair shop. There is a charge for shipping and insurance and we will give you an estimate for the repair before any service is completed.
How much is it to get my jewelry cleaned?
It’s free! We also inspect your jewelry with a microscope to make sure all the diamonds and gemstones are secure and your jewelry is in good condition. We recommend that you have your jewelry clean and checked at least twice a year.
What’s included in your 4 years free service?
Our 4 Years Free service includes any ring sizing you may need during that time as well as rhodium plating for white gold rings and polishing for gold or platinum rings. It also includes stone tightening and if you happen to lose an accent diamond in your jewelry, this will also be repaired at no charge. The 4 Years Free service does not include the loss of center stone or the loss of the entire jewelry item. We do recommend that you invest in insurance to cover the loss of the ring.
Are there any longer term warranties available?
Yes, we offer a Lifetime Care Plan for an additional fee. This Lifetime Care Plan covers any and all repairs you may need for the lifetime of your jewelry and does include coverage for the loss of the center stone. Ask any of the Sparkle Squad for more info on the Lifetime Care Plan.
What is your return policy?
We want you to LOVE your new jewelry. For any inventory items purchased from the showcase that are unworn and unaltered, you can return that item for a full refund or store credit within 30 days of the purchase. For items purchased in December (Christmas Gifts), we do extend the 30-day policy until the end of January. If the item has been worn or altered in any way (ring sizing included), there will be a 15% restocking/refurbishing charge for items returned within 30 days of purchase.
I have jewelry that I don’t know the value of. Can you help with that?
We have several options for appraisals and valuations of jewelry.
- Appraisals for Insurance Purposes or Fair Market Appraisals for Estates costs $150 per item and include color photos of the jewelry, full descriptions of the material as well as measurements and approximate weights and grades for any gemstones and diamonds. These appraisals are shipped via insured certified mail to an independent service and will have the retail replacement value or fair market value depending on the purpose of the appraisal and take approximately two weeks. An express in-store service is available for $200 per item and will take 3-5 business days to complete.
- If you have a large amount of jewelry that you do not know the value of, we can sort it for you and determine what items are costume jewelry, what items are silver and gold (but maybe not worth investing in an appraisal for), and what items we would recommend getting a full appraisal for. The cost for this service is $150 per hour and is prorated for shorter amounts of time. An appointment is required for this service.
- If you just need to know if an item is costume jewelry or not (no value given), we can help with that too. There is usually no charge for this.
- We do not give any informal verbal appraisals. There are too many variables in jewelry and it takes time and skill to properly evaluate an item. Two pieces that look similar can have wildly different values based on the material they are made with. A brief examination is not enough to determine a value.
- We do also purchase jewelry. However, we do not resell used jewelry, so the bid price that we offer is for the recycle value of the metal and any diamonds that are over 1/4ct in size. We do require a current photo I.D. and the seller must be 21 years old or older. All purchases will be paid by check.
What’s your Facebook Live Friday Night Sale?
We’re so glad you asked! At the start of COVID, we reached out to our community and started having sales on Friday nights on Facebook. This became such a popular event that we’ve continued it! On Friday evenings at 6pm, we go live on Facebook to offer our fans beautiful jewelry at discounted prices. These deals only last until 2pm the next day (Saturday).
Do you design custom jewelry?
Yes! We Love Custom Design! Whether we are reimagining jewelry that you already have or starting from scratch, our jewelry experts can create the perfect piece of jewelry for YOU! The design process does take some time so be sure to keep that in mind. The custom design process can start with a sketch, a CAD image or even a wax model.
Do you repair jewelry?
Yes! Most jewelry repair is done locally and takes 5-10 business days. We also partner with a specialty jewelry repair shop for those very complicated repairs.
Do you offer Layaway or Financing?
Yes! We always offer a financing option through Wells Fargo with 12 months of payments at 0% interest. There is a very short application to complete, and we usually get approvals in just a few minutes. If you are interested in layaway, the down payment to hold the item for you is 25% of the total. You will then make monthly payments for no more than 6 months total. Should you decide to cancel the layaway after 30 days, there is a restocking fee of 15% of the total.